Thursday, June 4, 2009

silk bowls


Bowls made with silk stripping - from the cocoon before de-gumming. Now I don't remember if it was in Joan Livingston's fiber class or in Gillion's accessory design class that I learned how to work with and make wool felt - not much different here using the silk and patting and molding it around a ceramic bowl as form... Sometimes looking back, I'm really glad I didn't go to FIT...


Yeah, okay, I definitely need a studio or learned how to work with a feline assistant or both. I think the stripping still smelled like moths cuz he tried to run away with the packages and then later with the bowls (even took one of them apart while it was drying). sigh.

1 comment:

  1. They are awesome, and isn't Mr. W getting so grown up. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete